adoption of dpub-aria
Tobias Bengfort
2018-10-03 20:28:33 UTC
I added endnote markup according to dpub-aria[1] in mediawiki, the
software powering wikipedia[2]. During the review process there was the
Is there a specific use-case for this feature, e.g., a real-world
screen-reader that reads the note differently based on the role? Or
at least one that plans to read it differently based on the role? I'm
wary of adding properties to our HTML output just because they're
defined in a standard that someone theoretically might use, if we
don't know it would actually be useful in practice. There are lots
of standards out there, and we could wind up with lots of extra
properties that clutter our HTML and don't actually add value to our
users.
Does anyone know of such use cases?

thanks,
tobias